April 2022 Meeting of Vincentian Family Ireland
Wednesday 27th April 2022 was a special day for the Vincentian Family in Ireland. For the first time in 3 years, we met face to face for our meeting. We welcomed Sr. Marge Clifford DC, Advancement Co-ordinator from the International Vincentian Family Office, to join our meeting during which she shared with us the work of the International Office.
Our gathering began with a cup of tea and time for people to chat and appreciate the novelty of seeing one another again. We then had a business meeting during which we reviewed the work of the Council from it’s beginnings to date. This was followed by a sharing on how we might map the way forward. Each member of the group contributed their ideas and many suggestions were made including;
· Continuing to respond to immediate needs e.g. Vincentian schools supporting branches of the Vincentian Family in Ukraine
· Supporting and offering friendship to the Ukrainian people where we find them by having tea and a chat with them
· Strengthening our ability to communicate the message of the Vincentian Family. We committed at the meeting to use the Famvin Logo on the website and brochures of all our Vincentian Family branches
· Making use of the new Vincentian Family space in St. Peter’s Church by resourcing it adequately
· Strive to bring a faith perspective to social justice issues
· Meet other branch members (outside of our formal meetings) with a view to possible collaboration
It was noted during our meeting that at the heart of the Vincentian Family is the call to action. It is in the voice of action that we become real. Here’s to the future endeavours of the Vincentian Family in Ireland and around the world.